Monday, May 14, 2007

Game Time

I was lying on my couch for hours tonight, feeling sorry for myself, watching tv and waiting for a bunch of people to respond to e-mails that I have sent out in the last few days.

Well, fuck that. It's not fun.

I'm trying to replace that with something of a cold, steely resolve for the next few days. I have a lot of stuff to get done, and it's pretty important that I do it. So, enough lounging around, it's time to some work.

The good news is that I've been pretty good lately on the bike, going for at least two hours every day since my last post. The hills are getting easier, and my legs are feeling stronger. I'm slimming down (a bit - I still have to watch the cookies) and I find I'm willing to push myself a little harder every day. The physical and the mental are both getting better.

I'm in a bit of a lull in terms of races, but I've got May 27 circled on the calendar. It's a Cat 5 race, and after finishing 4th in the Williams Cat 4/5, I've decided that I'm going to win this next one. And the one after that (June 3).

1 comment:

Buck Sleeper said...

"lascia il tuo commento" is what it says when you read cyclingdave in Italy. I'm going to see the end of the Giro D'Italia in Milan on Sunday...